Who are WoSARS?
The West of Scotland Amateur Radio Society was established in 1970.
We are a not for profit organisation and comprise of over 35 amateur radio members who gather on Friday nights at the Garnethill Multicultural Centre where we have fun and interesting nights that include things like
- show and tells
- interesting talks on various subjects from guest speakers
- go on the air using the clubs radio
- have discussions about new and old technologies
- participate in “field days” where we go pitch tents, aerials etc and do contests
- participate in the yearly IOTA contest (islands on the air) which is heaps of fun exploring new places and racking up the points.
- learning new skills
- the list goes on
This is just an example of the kinds of aerials we have fun with, and its not even our biggest pole !!
Our main club night is on a Friday in the centre of Glasgow (handy for bus and rail links) at Garnethill Multicultural Centre, Glasgow, from 8pm – 10pm (please select the WoSARS CLUB NIGHT tab for more details).
Garnethill Multicultural Centre
21 Rose Street